Pages

Saturday, February 17, 2007



Birds at the feeder...


Okay, this is waaay too cool not to share. I had to break down and buy a new digital camera, as I can't find any more 8mm compact disks for my old one. I found a nice Panasonic Lumix on sale, and one of the things I like about it is it has a great zoom, and a optical image stablization. We all know how shetland sheep love to cooperate having their photos taken, don't we?

I took a few photos of the birds at our feeder. I love feeding the birds when there is snow on the ground. The brown is a tree sparrow, the pretty one with yellow markings is a horned lark. Taken through a window, from the warm comfort of my living room. We've also had cardinals and mourning doves the last few days. I'll have to get photos of them, too. How is THAT for a great zoom!

4 comments:

Michelle at Boulderneigh said...

I have digital camera envy!

Kathy L. said...

Me, too! I'm envious of how great the close ups are. There are times I'd like to get my 35mm up and running as it is so great for taking one picture after another without having to wait in between.

Now that you have a new camera, will we be seeing more photos? ;-)

I need orange said...

I have had my Lumix for 2.5 years, and am going to upgrade to a newer version this year. I love this camera!

-- Vicki in Michigan

Juliann said...

Yes to more photos! I love this camera, and it's so tiny. It's about a fifth of the size of my old one.