Pages

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

We had a tiny runt ram lamb last spring. He was such a tiny, homely, weedy little thing that I didn't put a photo of him up on my website. When my good friend Denise came to visit one day, I mentioned how he probably wouldn't bring $5 at market, he was so small. WELL WELL WELL! Luther went home with Denise as a pet and companion for her new Cheviot ewe bottle lamb. :)
Denise called yesterday so upset. Luther bashed he head through the wooden wall of his hut, couldn't get his head out, hung himself up. I will let her pick another ram lamb out of my cull pen this coming year, if she wants. And I hope her Cheviot has a little Shetland-Cheviot baby for her this spring to ease her loss.
I honestly don't miss those horned rams and their desire to remodel their homes. Seems a new window is always needed here and there, lol.

3 comments:

Michelle at Boulderneigh said...

How awful for Luther -- and Denise! I didn't need much convincing to decide I don't ever want to keep a ram at Boulderneigh for longer than it takes to breed my girls in the fall/winter. If there were polled boys available for lease around here, I'd jump at the opportunity to use one!

Kathy L. said...

How sad to hear of poor Luther. I hope ther rest of you all are staying warm in all of these cold spells we see you getting on the news.
Is everyone OK where you are? (except Luther, of course! Why is it rams can be so, so....stupid? I guess that's just the Darwin Patrol at work.) :)

Juliann said...

Thanks, ladies. I've had some horned rams that were worse than others when it came to destructiveness. I think some of them must love the feeling of "beating their heads against a wall", literally.