Pages

Thursday, March 01, 2007



I woke today to a thunderstorm. I love the sound of thunder, although it did not make we want to get out of bed.

It is beautiful out, raining on and off with fluctuating temps. Still patches of snow and lots of puddles and MUD!

I spent some extra time with the girls today, something I haven't done in a while. Windy Bear and Mariah both came up and rested their heads on me, one on each shoulder. I love my sheep, I love how they smell, expecially when they are wet. I am getting very excited about lambing! Some shetland shepherds will be expecting lambs this month, although we are going to wait until early April for our little spring gifts, when it is a little warmer. I'll have to sit back and be patient while everyone else shares their lamb photos.

I even got two eggs today from the 'dottes.

I went out to the garden and started cleaning out some of the junk from last year. Picking up the little plastic tabs to record what variety grew good last year, which didn't, and what tasted horrid. Time to think about March things, like frost seeding, getting the scrapie vet out, getting ready for shearing, and watching for the tulips to peek out of the cold ground.

1 comment:

Kathy L. said...

Some of my hens are back up to laying, too. I gave them this winter off as they had been going straight-out for two + years. they are all fat and sassy, plus restocked on calcium and all the good things to make up those good eggs!

If I could only keep the sheep from eating the chicken poop, everything would be fine. ;-)