Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2007

I know I said I was done buying sheep this year...

BUT!

How on earth could I resist this hot bundle of loudly painted, polled raminess when I saw him advertised for sale? A dream come true! He's a grey kat underneath the shiny chrome! His scurs are very short and narrow.
Not only does he have unusual color, he has the fleece and conformation that I'm looking for, and he gives me yet another unrelated ram bloodline to keep my flock from becoming inbred as I work towards polled.

So... introducing Sommerang Eragon!

Lori Stephenson is the breeder who deserves a nod for bringing this gem into the world. (Her flock is exceptional, I've visited it in person.)
I also owe a big thanks to Maureen Koch for bringing Eragon down to me at the AI session in Marseilles this past weekend.
The session itself was fascinating. It was an excellent learning experience, and I had a great time visiting with everyone.



As much as I'm tempted to, I probably won't use Eragon this year. I'll rotate him in next year.

Now I have nine rams for 20 ewes. I have Dillon, Holly, and several different Dailley bloodlines that carry the polled gene, to mix and match.

And I have a big smile.

7 comments:

Michelle at Boulderneigh said...

Ooooh, I'm DROOLING! When are you going to make a trip to Oregon to bring me some beautiful pollie girls? How about in a year and a half, with some of this fellow's flashy babies?

Becky Utecht said...

Congrats Juliann, he's really nice! Is he registered on the NASSA database yet? I'm wondering what lines he's out of...yes, kudos to Lori's breeding too.

Bill Stearman said...

WOW!! What a beautiful boy he is!

Who are his parents? I bought a gul/kat from Maureen ... through Lori, who used him for breeding last year ... and I am hoping that the is a son.

That guy is exactly the fleece and body type that I am after.

Congrats on finding him. Good things DO come to good people ... :-)

Hugs.
Bill

stephen rouse said...

He is stunning Juliann! Wow! What a set of legs (square and wide). You have to be in 7th heaven.

shepherdchik said...

Congrats on the new ram. He really is flashy.

Juliann said...

Thanks, everyone! I'm thrilled with him!

His sire is Underhill Bandit, dame is Sommerang Challis. I don't think Eragon's in the database just yet, but his parents are. Poll carriers on each side, I'm not sure which side the polling came from, though.

Kathy L. said...

Glad to "see" you smiling again! He's a beauty for sure.